Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Solio solar power, can we really make a difference?

Since we know we want to be as environmentally friendly as possible, offsetting our transportation by donating to the Carbon Fund and leaving as few footprints as possible, we decided to look into transportable solar powered chargers for all electronic gadgets that some how we just cannot live without. So I found the Soliosolar powered battery, which sort of looks like a bug but apparently works well. It has lots of interchangeable charging tips for different gadgets, a USB cable and a wall attachment.

This is what the website says:

The more you use your Solio, the less carbon dioxide you emit into the atmosphere. From day one, you will generate your own free, clean electricity directly from the sun. The amount of energy used to create your Solio has been negated by removing unsustainable processes and using carbon offsets. This means that your Solio is a net producer of energy from the very start.

Solio has been designed with a focus on sustainability: the ability of the environment to assimilate and transform any emissions from the manufacturing of Solio into a positive input that allows other earth systems to flourish. We take great care to try and find components from the most sustainable sources.

Perhaps the biggest difference you can make is to use your Solio to educate others about renewable energy and climate change. Solio was created to bring renewable energy mainstream and our customers play a leading role in this transformation.


The Solio has a couple of different versions ranging from $170 to $80. Sad as it is, that price range is a bit more than we want to spend. So we checked out other options and found great prices on Amazon. I remember thinking I wanted to get one for my dad as a gift but I know we would appreciate it more on our trip. The sun is the best source of energy and where we are going maybe the only source of energy. Now if we could just come up with a solar powered car then we would be good to go.

I am excited to get ours in the mail and try it out in my house. I wonder how much my electric bill would go down if I charged my phone and laptop with the Solio. I'll try it out and let you know!

www.solio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment